Association Executive Vice President
Bloomington Board of REALTORS® serving south central Indiana
About the organization: The Bloomington Board of REALTORS® is a 501(c)6 that provides services to 450+ REALTOR® and 150+ affiliate members in Monroe, Owen and Greene counties, Indiana. The organization’s mission is to empower the members through education, advocacy, and innovation. It assists its members and the community by advocating and working to improve the quality of life in south central Indiana and protect and advance the right to real property.
The opportunity: The Bloomington Board of REALTORS® is looking for a friendly and energetic professional to join their REALTOR® family as the Association Executive Vice President to oversee and direct all organizational areas of the Bloomington Board of REALTORS® and the Bloomington Multiple Listing Service.
- Works with the leadership to look for innovative ways to meet the mission and vision of the organization including the development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services to its members.
- Serves as an ex-officio nonvoting member of the board of directors and all standing committees of the association, attending and facilitating board meetings, ensuring the board is fully informed of the condition and operation of the association, and executing all decisions of the board.
- Ensures that the board of directors receives all recommendations or mandates from the National Association of Realtors® (NAR) so that the association stays fully compliant with the State and National Realtor® Associations.
- Maintains effective relationships with the Indiana Association of REALTORS® (IAR), NAR, related trade associations and other organizations, both public and private, and sees that the position of the association and its members is enhanced in accordance with the policies and objectives of the association.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in organizational and program development
- Creativity in problem solving and implementation of new ideas
- Ability to balance demands and priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience working for and engaging with boards of directors
- Ability to develop positive and collaborative relationships with partner and community organizations
- Ability to engage with city/county/town planning and code enforcement departments to advocate on behalf of the members and community
- Sound financial management skills (some experience preferred)
- Experience managing a staff and building a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in association management
- Must have a valid Indiana driver’s license
- Salary range: $65,000 – $75,000 based on experience
- Health insurance
- Paid time off